The Mission Support Branch of the Emergency Management Institute will be conducting a webinar for Federal, State, Local, Tribal and emergency management personnel and their staff on the use of social media. Here are the details:
Date/Time: December 7, 2011 from 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
Website Information: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/r63643088/
- The webinar is an informational brief. Therefore, participants do not register.
Conference Bridge Information: 1-800-320-4330 and Pin #: 885312
Closed Captioning Information: http://fedrcc.us//Enter.aspx?EventID=1840682&CustomerID=321
Course Description: The webinar defines social media and presents the emerging trends and best practices in using social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, etc.) during all phases of emergency management. It also provides a tutorial on how to access and work within these social media applications. The webinar concludes with an overview on how emergency management and response personnel can help their organizations find their unique voice in social media.
Course Goals: At the completion of this training, participants will have a basic knowledge of:
- Social media best practices;
- Working within various social media; and
- Finding your unique voice in social media.
EMI Point of Contact: For course information, contact the EMI course manager, Doug Kuhn, at (301) 447-1287, 1-800-238-3358 (ext. 1287) or email: email@example.com.
Adobe Connect Information:
- Test your connection if you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview