- "Create or supplement a mechanism to collaboratively identify, prioritize, and address risk management issues and implement solutions,
- Increase and improve risk communication through a unified interagency effort,
- Leverage information and resources and provide access to such national programs as FEMA's Risk Mapping, Assessment, and Planning (Risk MAP) program and USACE's Levee Inventory and Assessment Initiative (see also: National Levee Database),
- Provide focused, coordinated hazard mitigation assistance in implementing high-priority actions such as those identified by state mitigation plans,
- Identify gaps among agency programs and/or barriers to implementation, such as conflicting agency policies or authorities, and provide recommendations for addressing these issues."
Comment: Great to see a collaborative effort like this gaining steam. And of course, at the heart of any program like this is a map!