Housed in the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), the Emergency Management and Response - Information Sharing and Analysis Center (EMR-ISAC), distributes the non-sensitive Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) InfoGram. Targeting the Emergency Services Sector (ESS) audience, this free service is published weekly and usually includes four stories "concerning the protection of the critical infrastructures of communities and their emergency responders." As an example, the May 23, 2013 edition contained the following piece on recent updates to the National Response Framework:
National Response Framework UpdatedFederal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has released the National Response Framework, updated from the original 2008 version. As part of the National Planning Frameworks, they “describe how the whole community works together to achieve the National Preparedness Goal.” There are five documents in the National Planning Frameworks:
- Response – second edition released in May 2013
- Prevention – new; released in May 2013
- Mitigation – new; released in May 2013
- Disaster Recovery – released in 2011
- Protection – currently being developedThe revised National Response Framework is shorter than the original and was written to be a more “strategic” document. The revision stresses the roles of individuals, discusses the “whole community” concept, and defines core capabilities.
Overall, the National Planning Frameworks help different levels of government work together when planning for, responding to, and recovering from natural or man-made disasters.
To get on distribution for CIP InfoGrams, use the link below:
Comment: This is a great product which often features ESS related news items you simply won't find anywhere else. In addition to being available through RSS feed, email and online, InfoGrams are available in a format suitable for mobile devices. Click here.