In recognition that efforts underway to introduce Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in U.S. airspace over the next 18 months will have far ranging impact on the nation, two educational powerhouses in the geospatial community have combined forces to deliver their first ever joint webinar. Hosted by the Geospatial Information & Technology Association, the nation's leading infrastructure focused geospatial association, and delivered by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), the world's foremost association for professionals working with overhead geospatial sensors and related data, the webinar's stated objectives include:
- An introductory discussion on UAS, as part of a larger robotics landscape, and the exciting evolution it brings to a well established existing mapping and remote sensing science and technology portfolio.
- With the timeframe for such implementation being dependent on the finalization of applicable regulation by the FAA, Congress and the State Legislatures, this webinar will provide an update of the state of UAS at the FAA.
- Outline of ASPRS’s cooperation with other stakeholder communities, societies and organizations – such as GITA in the development of an enabling environment supportive of the use of UAS in Geographic Information Science.
- Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Central
- Cost: Free
- More details: Click here
- Add to Calendar (use button on page that opens): Click here
- How to Attend Webinar Instructions: Click here
No need to register in advance, but space will be available on a first come, first serve basis. So don't be late if you want to attend!
(No need to pre-register)
Comment: Here's a great opportunity to begin building a foundation of understanding on a topic that will reshape availability and usability of geospatial imagery in the years ahead. It's also a perfect starting point for members of the Emergency Services Sector who would like to gain insights into basic concepts and capabilities!
Post a Comment